Saturday, November 5, 2011

anatomy of a wall grouping

P69
We've been living in our new apartment for three months now but just finally hung things on the walls. It's nice to live in a place for awhile, get used to everything, before hanging pictures. Nails are a big commitment. I'd always wanted a wall grouping of various interesting things ever since I saw great examples in Domino and ReadyMade, but it's hard to pull off in real life. I think ours turned out well and I like how it tells a story about us.

Clockwise from the top right: black and white photo of tree branches taken by my brother Josh; a hand screen-printed bird that my brother-in-law Stu made us for our wedding; a painted Peruvian Mary that I picked up during a trip to Peru; one of my favorite photos from our wedding of Jason and I dancing; an old drawing of Jason's grandfather, Dave; and a painting of flowers that my sister Lindsay gave to me.

Little pieces of really great people on that wall.

 -MM

No comments:

Post a Comment