Friday, September 2, 2011

My Lucky day.

This morning I wandered down to my favorite coffee shop in the Sunset before heading to the east bay. Trouble Coffee and Coconut Club had just finished their Parklet, and to no surprise they have raised the bar of thought, creativity, and craftsmanship for other Parklets to come. Of all the amazing places in this city, none of them inspire me the way this place does. Today I was taking a photo of the topographic map center piece that was framed by this amazing aperture of a divided tree trunk when a man, Lucky, approached me and ask if he could see the picture. I obliged, which led to him reveal he made the piece. I'll spare you the rest of the details as I couldn't give justice to how and where the entirety of our conversation, but it was great, just really great. By the time our conversation of resin, sand dunes, light, Chinese mayors, thermal expansion, mail rooms, and martinis had ended, he had taken an object out of his pocket and sat it next to my coffee and told me to give it to someone special. It was a 4" x 4" 50' contour version of the piece I had photographed.

Now if only I knew someone special...

No comments:

Post a Comment